Thursday 28 August 2014

Keys I Love to Carry

 
Today while sipping my cup my Chai, a strange thought came in my mind and that only influenced me to write this today.
In search of happiness all around, I thought of jotting down those things which makes me go waooooo. And then here my list began.
There were times when the amount of ultimately meaningless this-and-that in my life seem unbearably numerous. During those times, I always felt myself to be overburdened and tend to lose hope. Now I have learned what to do at that moment, and that is, to take a step back and reprioritize. Figure out what is important and what you can momentarily shelf. And that becomes my first key to open the door of contented life. I have learned how not to allow myself overwhelmed with stress.
When the people in my life become overly demanding of my time, attention, or energy (as they often do), I just have to remember that it’s okay to focus on my own needs as well. I have learned that the worst way to cheat your own self is to give priorities to others at the cost of your own self. I hope I will get rid of this completely, very soon, although I have started practicing it already. The key is to take care of yourself just as much as you take care of others.
I always use to mold my interests for external validation or approval which disappointed me many a times. The very thought of not being able to fit my choices in the canvas made by people always brought me shame and feeling of being inferior. But, although not so easily nor so early, I have understood the happy you will only be evident when you show the world (quite well and shamelessly) that you can live up to and carry out your preferences perfectly the way you want them to carry.
One should always distance him/herself from those people who are judgmental, petty, narrow-minded, or self-centered. It is just a waste of time to maintain relationships with people who will never be there to help you when you will need them the most. And also they will always be busy in dragging you down rather than lifting you up. So my search resorted to another key and that is to surround myself with friends who are supportive, kind and nurturing.
I have realized that to disconnect every once in a while is a great practice. One can read, learn and understand what the inner soul wants only when his or her mind wander and remember that there are so many more precious and important matters than the number of likes on latest facebook post or that last what’s app ping in your mobile brings you what new news. I am doing it but the key is “ONLY ONCE IN A WHILE”.
The last I could pen down, although being the most important among all, is always...... always...... always...... ALWAYS remember to smile. Those curves really do wonders to me, to the people around me and to the mind-set I carry every day.
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment