Tuesday 19 August 2014

My Weekend’s Best Friend: THE TRAIN


It is now a part of my routine to commence a train journey of 12 hours on every alternate weekend. And the only reason is that I am always travelling to and from a place where my heart resides that is my new house (My In-laws House). Train, which I never thought would be doing any good to me, or at least to this extent, is now a best friend I have on weekends. It is a reason and a mode through which I relieve my stress and meet my loved ones. I always board the train after office, so usually it is late evenings. By that time I am usually strained to think of anything else other than to have a comfortable seat and sleep as early as I can. In morning when people start moving, chatting and wakes up before time to find out where they have reached and how much more time will the train take, is when my cozy comfort zone breaks and I have to get up before  time. This is always the time when I want train to fly and reach to the destination as faster as it can. This is the time when both train and time seems to moves slower than normal.  Time just refuses to move ahead and train refuses to speed up. Only thing which builds up at that time is the excitement to meet the people back home and collect the love which they have preserved for me. I just can never thank God enough for the blessings he has showered on me for life and blessed me with such a family. The family for whom I am the priority now and the people who are selflessly doing everything for me, just to see that curve on my face which we all call smile. This is any girl’s dream and I am so happy to have this in reality.

 
On the other hand train also plays a dual role by taking me back to the place where my source of earning and prestige resides. It is also a place where I took birth, spent first 29 years of my life and also where rang my wedding bells. Whenever I board the train from the other corner of the world, I am always relaxed. During this part of my journey I always have a lavish last food, cooked with mom’s hands and packed with full of love. She takes care of every small thing from spoon to tissue paper to tooth pick and never misses to pack every-thing. Usually after having food I have to feel sleepy out of compulsion as the condition of arriving early morning is pre attached. But this is the time when sleep runs away from me and my heart and mind continue to remain busy missing people I came left behind. This is the sign of how my priorities have changed and so as my preferences. Although I never, even in my dreams, thought this to happen but it happened and I never even realized when it happened and how?
 
But one thing that doesn’t change in the whole process of to and fro is the role of Best Friend “THE TRAIN”. It is a source not only to connect places but also hearts and souls.

 

3 comments:

  1. I can understand how it feels to be away from your loved ones...!!! All I wish for you is that things work out in your favor asap and you may get all the beautiful things in your life....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sweetheart! Wishes of good people never go unheard and so will urs :) Cheers

      Delete
  2. may be that is what life teaches.......

    ReplyDelete