Thursday 17 September 2015

What do I do when I feel like GIVING UP!

I am struggling today. If you have ever struggled to be consistent with something you care about, may be my struggle will resonate with you too.
It has been exactly 500 days since May’06’2014. That is the day when I joined my present job away from my husband. It’s almost 1 year and 5 months ago. During these 500 mostly glorious, but sometimes frustrating days, I have travelled numerous times, to numerous places and for many different reasons but majority of time the reason was to be with my husband.
But today? Well, today I am struggling. Today, I don’t feel like working any more. Today I don’t feel like sticking to the routine. Today I feel like I don’t have a good reason to be working apart from my husband. Today, I don’t feel like I have enough time to make the good reason, to be working away, any great. Today, I feel like giving up. Although many researches shows that grit is the characteristics linked most closely to success. I really wish I could use some grit today.

While thinking of quitting, I am simultaneously thinking of the incidences when earlier also I though the same way. And I am reminded of these things
MIND IS A STRUGGLEING ENGINE
It is better to consider every thought as a suggestion and not an order. Right now my mind is suggesting that I should give up as my mind and body is tired. Hence it is suggesting that I give up. It is suggesting that I take an easier path.
If I pause for a moment, however, I can discover new suggestions. My mind is also suggesting that I will feel very good about accomplishing this work once this is done. It is suggesting that I will respect the identity I am building when I stick to the schedule. It is suggesting that I have an ability to continue with the work, even when I don’t feel like.
I remind myself that none of these suggestions are orders. They are mere options. I have power to choose which option I follow.
DISCOMFORT IS TEMPORARY
    Relative to the time in your normal days or week, nearly any habit you perform is over quickly. I just remind my mind that my life is good and my discomfort is temporary. Therefor it is just that the time during my discomfort seems lengthier than the normal. And majorly this is the reason I could survive for last 500 days. It taught me that once you step in the moment of discomfort, it just strengthen you further.

YOU WILL NEVER REGRET THE GOOD WORK ONCE IT IS DONE
     So often it seems that we want to work easily at work worth doing. We want our work to be helpful and respected, but we do not want to struggle through our work. We want our stomach to be flat but we do not want to grind through another workout. We want the final result but not the failed attempts that precede it.
    And yet, despite my resistance to it, I have never found myself feeling worse after the hard work was done. There have been days when it was dam hard to start, but it was always worth finishing. Sometimes, the simple act of showing up and having the courage to do the work, even in an average manner, is a victory worth celebrating.
THIS IS LIFE
     Life is a constant balance between giving into the ease of distraction and overcoming the pain of discipline. Our lives and our identities are defined in this delicate balance. It is the sum of hundred thousand daily battles and tiny decisions to either gut it out or give it up.
    This moment when you don’t feel like doing the work, this is the moment to be thrown away. This is not a dress rehearsal. This is a moment in your life as any other moment. Just spend it in a way that will make you proud.
RESULT


      So what do I do when I feel like giving up? I SHOW UP! I think my job is to do the work and let the supreme power decide when and how I should be better off.

No comments:

Post a Comment