Tuesday 10 February 2015

A Lengthiest Hectic Day.......

Indian democracy is the world’s largest and famous at the same time. This time I happen to be a core part of it, not only because of my voting power and choose the government for the years, but also I played a core role in getting the other people exercising their right to vote.

Since now I am in government setup, so we have an additional job of saying yes to all the works which government wants us to do along with the job for which we are hired. This time it was the election duty i.e. to make the process of election undergo under your supervision and expertise.

The work assigned to me started the previous day only, when I did all the homework with respect to paper work and arranging all the things in systematic manner so that the work will go smooth on the day of election. The Election Day stared at 4AM for me, when I had to do all the preparation in advance and reaching the center around 4:45AM. And then the day was full of experiences and adventures.

On a whole, it was a difficult task because of number of issues like too much of paper work; getting the work done by others (polling officers) and making a complex exercise of voting go smooth and accurate. I had around 1871 voters assigned on my pooling booth. It was a huge number and a very cumbersome task. The whole day, queue of voters, was huge. I had to ask for two more additional members to work with me as the rush in my pooling booth was huge and being the presiding officer, I had to look into all other things including the well-being of my officers too.

I could remember my old banking days when I had no time for me. The day was exactly the similar and we had no time for anything other than getting the voting process done systematically by the people.

The day taught me the true meaning of security, when we were transferred to the place where we had to submit our machines. This is exactly the place where the final counting is to be done. We were accompanied by the police staff, equipped with arms and ammunition for our security. The vehicle was fully guarded by police from all the four sides too. I had a very unique experience.

The day ended with the submission around 11PM and I took a breath of relief. The big task and a responsibility were over.

I would not say, it was a very nice experience and I will look forward to it, but without a shadow of doubt, I would say it was a life time’s experience and I am an experienced one now.

I’ve learned to exercise and exert my authorities and power and now I know how to get the work done by others (even if the other person is not willing to work).


My belief gets stronger that I am God’s favorites to give any new and challenging task to. And whenever it comes to me, it is full of extraordinary things…….And this is the only reason, I am a better version of me every coming day.

No comments:

Post a Comment