Tuesday 17 February 2015

“I am grateful to the Lord for granting me just what I needed.”

With the loving weekend that just passed by, I've been thinking a lot about the little things that I am grateful for. Obviously, my husband immediately came to mind and I was overwhelmed with a feeling of sincere gratitude and appreciation towards him. He is the one behind the entire queen like treatment, which I am getting used to now. It is only his company, love, caring attitude and emotional support that give me immense strength to live life with the enthusiasm and positive mind set.

But then I got to thinking, how often do I really tell him how grateful I am?

I think too many times we get caught up in thinking, “Oh well, he knows how I feel about him. He knows I appreciate him.” But does he really?

When is the last time you really thanked your partner for spending time with you? Or listening to you talks about your day? Or helping you around the house or work?

I starting making it a goal to openly thank my husband for all the things he would do for me.


At first, it almost seemed kind of silly and redundant to say thank you over and over again. I mean, he gets it, right? I’m thankful for him? Do I really need to say it a million times?

But towards the end of my challenge, I noticed a big difference in our relationship; my husband and I were way more willing to help one another when we each felt appreciated by the other. We wanted to be there for the other person. And in the end, those feelings of appreciation turned more into deeper feelings of love, love that was frequently expressed through our gratitude.

I don’t share this story to make you think I have the perfect marriage. Or that we are constantly telling the other person how much we appreciate him or her. That doesn’t always work. However, I feel that thanking our spouses, partners, and family members often, makes it easy to pass through when times do get challenging.

And I hope you also remember that “Thank You” often translates into “I Love You.” Which is truly a great feeling, gift, and blessing you can share with one another.



Oh God, I pray that you keep your providence towards me always and give me an appreciating heart so that I will always be thankful to whatever you give me. AMEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment