Thursday 12 May 2016

Summer Will End Soon Enough

To everyone, there is a season and mine is Winter. I like duvets, cardigans, not shaving my legs, shoes with socks – on me and others – thick jeans, hot coffee, a blanket on the sofa watching my favourite show on the TV, no worries for ACs being off due to frequent power cuts, and in the relaxed mood, again having something hot to eat.
Summer is for those who like salads, greenery, sleeping with AC on all night instead of cocooned in thick blankets and covered with thermals, sleeveless dresses, pedicure and strappy sandals, iced tea………… Actually the list can be very long as it can have all that which I hate to do.

In spite of the sun finally doing its job, in spite of me getting to exercise, or let’s say only walk, a bit more, in spite of a more relaxed schedule, in spite of the fact that you don’t have to struggle through all your nerves to wake up in the morning, unlike winters; Still summers ends me with feeling like I’ve been injected with the massive dose of BLAH. Even if I wear the lightest cloths I have, still I feel so heavy and weary.

What makes summer even bad for me is because of all these added reasons which you just cannot forget while being in India; Too Many Weddings, Uncontrollable Sweating, Sunscreen, People Who Stink, Trash, Lack of Air Conditioning, Power Cuts etc etc etc….. I really wish it to stay for the shortest possible time and also takes away, with it, all the humid, sweaty and stinking emotions. And I am positive of the fact that summers, just like spring, is not here to stay forever. It will end soon and so will my craziness and hatred for the season.



No comments:

Post a Comment